ISTQB® Certified Test Analyst
ISTQB® Advanced Level Certification
This course provides test engineers with advanced skills in test analysis, design, and execution. It provides test engineers with the ability to define and execute the tasks required to implement the test plan.
The course will teach attendees how to analyze the system, taking into considerations quality expectations. This training course gives detailed information on the specifics of different testing techniques, among them: evaluating system requirements, performing formal and informal reviews, evaluating requirement validity and testability, analyzing design, creating test design and implement test cases, evaluating risks, and using them for making decisions during the life cycle and to prioritize tests.
The course reviews the different reporting needed during the lifecycle, providing evidence for progress, and other measurements important to run the project and report about quality. Attendees will learn how to estimate effort for the different activities in the testing project lifecycle.
Through presentation, discussion, debate, hands on exercises, brainstorming and questioning, we shall go through terminology, methodology, concepts and tools to learn how to plan, design and run tests, how to track what we do and improve over time. We shall discuss how to function as testers within testing and other type of teams, how to be productive and efficient using test automation and other tools, how to produce working software and what is needed on the communication side to be a part of a team.
Relevant exercises and simulations are integrated into the course in order to close the gap between methodology and actual field implementation and enable participants realize what they need to be doing in their designated teams as testers from now on.
Advanced Level Test Analyst qualification is aimed at people who have achieved an advanced point of their careers in software testing, and would like to go deeper into the professional aspects of senior test engineers’ work. This included people in roles such as:
- Test engineer
- Test analyst
- Test Team Leader
- Test Manager/Director
- Business analyst
- Software Test Engineers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Structure the tasks defined in the test strategy in terms of business domain requirements
- Analyze the system in sufficient detail to meet the user quality expectations
- Evaluate the system requirements to determine ambiguity and testability
- Prepare and execute the adequate activities, and report on their progress
- Provide the necessary evidence to support evaluations
- Implement the necessary tools and techniques to achieve the defined goals
There are two options to attend to this course:
- With Certification:
- At least 2 years of testing experience
- Basic diploma of Foundation level
- Proven experience in testing - Employees - employer letter, Independents - a letter from the customers
- Document "Code of Ethics" Sign
- Without certification:
- At least 2 years of testing experience practical experience as Test / Quality Assurance Engineer.
Mr. Alon Linetzki - is an expert test engineer, testing coach and a testing consultant with over 23 years in testing, and over 33 years in IT. During his career, Mr. Linetzki have participated and managed various types of development projects and testing projects with a large range of technologies, size and sector domain orientation from telecommunication and finance, to banking and embedded systems.
He is the author of multiple testing classes, including: Testing in an Agile Environment, ISTQB® Agile Tester, Exploratory Testing, Measurements and Metrics for Making Good Quality Decisions, Test Process Improvement Using TPI®, Risk Based Testing, Writing Good Test Requirements, and Test Automation for Decision Makers, Introduction to Test Automation, Personal Communication and presentation Skills, Root Cause analysis in Testing and Adding business value increasing ROI in testing, and more.
Mr. Linetzki is a popular speaker in international testing conferences since 1995. He is the co-founder of the Israeli Testing Certification Board (www.itcb.org.il), and the founder and chair of SIGiST Israel (www.sigist.org.il). He is leading the ISTQB® Partner Program worldwide as part of the marketing working group. He is also one of the authors of the new ISTQB® Foundation Level Agile Tester Certification, and is involved in the next level certification of ISTQB® Advanced Level – Agile Technical Tester. Mr. Linetzki is also the ISTQB® Marketing Chair (March 2016).
Introduction to Test Analyst Syllabus
Basic Aspects of Software Testing
Chapter 1 – Testing Processes
- Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Test Analysis
- Test Design
- Test Implementation
- Test Execution
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
- Test Closure Activities
Chapter 2 – Test Management: Responsibilities for the Test Analyst
- Test Progress Monitoring and Control
- Distributed, Outsourced and Insourced Testing
- The Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- Risk Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Mitigation
Chapter 3 - Test Techniques
- Specification-Based Techniques
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Decision Tables
- Cause-Effect Graphing
- State Transition Testing
- Combinatorial Testing Techniques
- Use Case Testing
- User Story Testing
- Domain Analysis
- Combining Techniques
- Defect-Based Techniques
- Using Defect-Based Techniques
- Defect Taxonomies
- Experience-Based Techniques
- Error Guessing
- Checklist-Based Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Applying the Best Technique
Chapter 4 - Testing Software Quality Characteristics
- Quality Characteristics for Business Domain Testing
- Accuracy Testing
- Suitability Testing
- Interoperability Testing
- Usability Testing
- Accessibility Testing
Chapter 5 - Reviews
- Using Checklists in Reviews
Chapter 6 - Defect Management
- When Can a Defect be detected?
- Defect Report Fields
- Defect Classification
- Root Cause Analysis
Chapter 7 - Test Tools
- Test Tools and Automation
- Test Design Tools
- Test Data Preparation Tools
- Automated Test Execution Tools
Note: the syllabus outline may vary, and additions or subtractions of topics and subtopics information may occur – all in favor of delivering a better workshop content, that is relevant, up-to-date, and adding value.