Introduction to practical Test Automation
This course module is a practical introduction to the key concepts of software test automation. It is aimed at test/dev’ professionals who wish to automate their testing process using any of the popular commercially available, open-source, or proprietary automated test tools. It is also aimed at those who have started test automation already, and would like to have a formal, methodological background in that area.
It includes the aspects of an Agile environment project over test automation.
It will lay the groundwork for additional modules for engineers (designing automated tests) and managers (managing an automation project) or directors (Test Automation for Decision Makers).
This course is taught through presentations, discussions combined with relevant exercises.
The course material includes more knowledge than presented in class, as we do believe that the handbook can be served later on as a good reference and a study book.
This module is intended for test analysts, test engineers, test automation engineers and test team leaders and test managers or anyone who needs a practical introduction to test automation concepts, and would like to know how to develop their test automation in the right way, saving money, and being productive.
You will not be able to build an automation framework having attended just one module but you will be in a better position to understand what’s involved and how to approach a test automation project.
- Understand how automated test tools work;
- Understand the main approaches to building automated tests;
- Define the criteria for intelligent test automation scripts creation and maintenance;
- Understand the key issues in a test automation project;
- Understand how test automation is handled differently in an Agile project;
- Provide light insights as to how to plan a successful automation project;
- Appreciate how to avoid the common pitfalls associated with automation projects.
- Understand agile automation concepts and impacts
- Knowledge of basic testing terminology (test script, test case, test plan) ISTQB foundation level knowledge is an advantage
- Able to design manual test cases using black-box testing techniques
- Appreciate that test execution tools are just one of 20 possible automation categories
- Awareness of simple programming concepts
- The organization is fairly mature and has a reasonably well defined manual test process
Mr. Alon Linetzki - is an expert test engineer and a testing consultant with over 18 years in testing, and over 28 years in IT. During his long career, Mr. Linetzki have participated and managed various types of testing projects with a huge range of technologies, size and sector orientation.
He is the author of multiple testing courses, including: Testing in an Agile Environment, TPI in a day, Risk Based Testing, Personal Communication and presentation Skills, Test Automation for Decision Makers, Exploratory Testing Explained, Writing Good Test Requirements, Introduction to Test Automation and more.
During his years of experience, Mr. Linetzki has trained and coached more than 1,000 students, in more than 20 companies.
Mr. Linetzki is a popular speaker in international testing conferences since 1995, co-founder of the Israeli Testing Certification Board (www.itcb.org.il), and the founder and chair of SIGiST Israel (www.sigist.org.il). He is also a member of the ISTQB marketing working group.